Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's A.....

I woke up Wednesday morning nervous, but so excited!! I knew that today was the day that I would find out if everything was okay with my baby. It is a little bit of a scary thing when you KNOWING that you are about to find out if your baby has any abnormalities. Sometimes, I think it is easier when you don't know! However, as I laid down on the table, warm goop on my belly, and the doctor started taking a look at my baby, I was just in awe of this little being...

He started with the head and worked his way down. (I have several images that I am going to upload, but several more as well... too many to upload all of them!!)

Below is our baby from head to toes!



Baby's head was perfect! No signs of any down syndrome! PRAISE JESUS! Next, was the baby's heart. Baby has all 4 chambers and a great heartbeat. This was the thing that I have been praying hardest for because the heart is most likely to be effected by my diabetes.

Below is the rib cage and spine!



Next were the arms and legs!



Hehe! I love seeing our baby's little legs all curled up! Then, he showed us the little feet! I LOVE this image!! You can totally see the little footprint!



Then he said, "Are you ready to know what you are having?!" and I said, "ABSOLUTELY!" and Damon just got the biggest grin! So he started looking... and baby was all curled up... he couldn't see a thing! He started poking my belly and you could see the baby moving around-- trying to push the doc away... And then the baby went straight up and down!!



Great for a good view except then the umbilical cord was in the way! OH MAN! He wasn't sure if he was going to be able to tell... at this point, I am just praying that he will because we had a party planned with my family for the big reveal! Finally, the baby cooperated... and he was able to get a good view...

But, I am going to tell you about the party first!! :) I had Blue Cake Company make a cake and had the icing in the inside colored for what we were having... Below is the cake! Isn't it so cute?!



We then had my mom cut it open... and here is what she saw... drumroll, please!!!



IT'S A GIRL!!!! :) Below is the picture from the doctor!



Damon and I could not be more excited about having a baby girl!! Our family is full girls, and we are so excited to add another!! :)

We have a name, but I can't reveal all of that in this one post... Ruins the fun for future posts!! :) Hehe! So... check back later for that information!

Hope you enjoyed seeing our little girl as much as we did. We are praising good for a beautiful, healthy baby GIRL!!! God is soo good!! I'll leave you with a video of the reveal!! It is pretty funny!! :) FYI, in case you can't tell, my Dad didn't want us to find out what the gender was. HAHA!

3 comments:

  1. Crying tears of joy! We love seeing a snippet of the Monnahan family! So wonderful to post. And, Lindsey, what an awesome neat way to tell your family! Many blessings for you all!!!!!
    Jenny Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just got me all teared up! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! The whole time I wanted to just shout to Trish "JUST CUT IT ALREADY!!"

    Beautiful way to share such an amazing surprise!

    - Alison Burrell

    ReplyDelete