Monday, August 30, 2010

Kit Kat

Today, I was reading several articles about being 15 weeks pregnant online (I know, as if the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" didn't have enough information)!



One article stuck out as it said that my baby is about the size of a Kit Kat (and went on to further explain that it was the normal size Kit Kat-- not the King Size one!) :) I like to think of my baby as a Kit Kat... Yummy! In fact, I ate one afterwards. (It was just a mini one-- so no worries just a couple of calories-- and a baby can always use a little chocolate, right?!)

I am still fighting the morning sickness (and sometimes all day sickness) some... It has definitely been better the last couple days, so I am hopeful that I am on the tail end of it! YEAH! **Fingers Crossed**

In another note, I have been reading the book, "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper.



Man, this book is convicting... I mean, how many hours do I sit around doing nothing?! I am a firm believer that when I face Jesus some day, He is not going to judge me for all the sins I committed... He already took care of all those-- but I do believe that I will be asked how I spent my time... And I would say that most of my time is a WASTE! I mean here is what it would have sounded like yesterday: "Hey, God... so today, I babysat, then we went home and I went on facebook for a little bit, then I watched Pinocchio and took a nap, cleaned the bathroom, and had my family over for dinner..." What time did I spend with Him? Umm... prayer when I got up-- asking Him to not let me throw up! Prayer before dinner... That's it... What a sad waste of the rest of my day!

Encouragement-- yesterday is done... Today is a NEW day... And I definitely got off to a better start!! :) Prayer and reading Matthew Chapter 3... Man, what a difference I feel! My days are really so much better when I start them out with Him.

Prayers for this week... Please keep praying for my anxious heart! My high risk appointment is 2 days away... and I am worrying still. I cried last night... But Damon reminded me, once again, that I have responsibility to do the best I can. The rest I have to leave in God's hands.

Pray for my brother. He is in another transition phase... and I want to help him the best I can. God keeps giving me chances, right?!

That's it! Now, I am headed home... to spend some time with my sweet hubby. I am trying to learn to really value these last few months we have together-- just being the 2 of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment