Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fears

Romans 8:14-16 "Because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba,Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children."

As I am sure many of you moms can testify to, there are times that I am almost overcome with fear. This morning was one of those... I kept thinking "Can we financially do this?" Babies are expensive... That along with knowing that I will not be getting paid what we have been accustomed to... That is going to be a BIG change! I talked to Damon about seeing a financial advisor... I know that we can do it on our own, but I feel like we would both have more peace if we talked with someone else as well.

I have a fear for my baby's health. I have been doing my very best to manage my diabetes... believe you me, I know, now more than ever, that these readings aren't just effecting me, they are effecting my baby. But any of you who are diabetic or know diabetics, should know that diabetes, type 1, is like a guessing game... Your food, hormones, stress level, sleep, what you do during the day, exercise... all effect your blood sugars... And as you can imagine, I have just a few hormones flowing through me... and just stress a little bit!

I am trying to remember the verse above... I am not a slave to fear because I am a child of God. And so is this baby! I have my high risk ultrasound scheduled for next Wednesday, September 1st at 8:00am. While, I am really excited-- we will probably be able to find out the sex of the baby-- the reason I am having this is to check for anything that might be wrong because of my diabetes (there is an increased risk for complications with any disease). I have to remember that no matter what, I am going to LOVE this baby! I know that this child is first and foremost God's... and will be grateful for every second that we will be able to be his/her parents!

Please pray for my anxious heart, especially as Wednesday approaches. Please pray for a happy, healthy baby. Please pray for consistency in my blood sugars-- they have been pretty good for the most part, but those days when the hormones are flowing, my blood sugars, rise! I covet all those prayers. And I trust that God hears every single one of them! :)

Good night for now!

3 comments:

  1. Love the updates!! Keep 'em coming! It's so nice to know how to pray for you specifically....and believe me, we're praying! We are just soooo thrilled for ya'll! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that having a baby would be incredibly expensive, especially since I planned on not working. We were very blessed with people buying most things we needed from our registry. I bought some stuff at garage sales or craigslist (furniture) for awesome prices! I breastfed and started milk at 10 months, so no formula to buy. I learned how to coupon and barely spend anything on wipes and diapers. Shop around for awesome deals on clothes, but honestly they don't need as many clothes as you would like to buy them. She has been much cheaper than I ever dreamed. My sister and some friends also pass around toys so that once one outgrows the toy, we give it to someone else to have for a few months. It is awesome. Learning to coupon has saved us tons of money in the grocery and household items department. I chose to work a little because I enjoy it and I do like the money, but you can definitely afford a kid if you don't go overboard and learn to shop right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lindsey! I didn't know you were pregnant! How awesome! What a blessing :)
    I remember the day I found out I was pregnant, Ben lost his job that morning... crazy right? But one thing is for sure, God is faithful. Like it says in Romans, there is no need to fear. We had to really cling to God in that time. We knew that I wouldn't work and so we were just praying and asking God to provide a job. He did. He provided a house too, way better than what I could have imagined. We for sure don't live an extravagant life and I'm always looking for ways to save a buck :) I feel like my "job" is to make his paycheck last longer. I do cloth diapers (which are way easier than you would think) so if you have any questions about that I'm totally open. Anyways, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete