Monday, August 16, 2010

Appt. #2

The excitement I have about having a baby cannot be overshadowed by much... even sitting in the doctors office for 2 hours-- just to hear the baby's heartbeat! :) I LOVED IT! Though, I do have to admit that I was a little frustrated that it took 2 hours to pee in the cup, get weighed (no weight gain yet), and then hear the heartbeat... which as you know, only takes about 5 minutes! So I sat for about and hour and 45 minutes... Good thing I brought a book!

Good book too... I know, I know, some of you are going to roll your eyes, but I am reading the newest book by Stephanie Meyer... The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner.



I was skeptical at first... because I thought, there was no way that I would like something that was not about Bella, Edward, and Jacob! However, it was quite interesting to read from the perspective of these newborn vampires...

I have a feeling that with as exhausted as I have been, I will be doing a lot of reading...Any suggestions?!

Back to the appointment... no news is good news! :) Heartbeat was about 150 beats per minute, which Dr. Sellers said was great. Everything looked good on my end as well... I still need to get my blood sugars a little more stable. As simple as this sounds, it is no easy task... and it is so frustrating when you are trying everything you know to. I am checking my blood sugars more frequently, but I am unable to feel my lows and highs like I used to. Lows, I am not feeling until I hit the 30's (I use to be able to feel them in the 50's) and highs, well, they make me nauseous... but I am nauseous all the time so... Please pray that I start to notice the little things that set these feelings apart from just the everyday pregnancy feelings.

Dr. Sellers also talked to me about having a more "high risk" ultrasound done. As much as I hate it, being a diabetic poses a higher risk for developmental problems with our baby. This ultrasound would show more detail and allow to see if there are any deformities, etc. Insurance will cover it, so I think that we will go ahead and have it done... What can it hurt? Please pray as we head into that process as well. This has been a concern of mine since Damon and I started talking about kids, but we are choosing to trust that God has a great plan for us and this baby.

Thanks for your prayers. We definitely appreciate them!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Having a baby is such a sweet time. Enjoy every moment, even if you do feel like you want to throw up every 5 minutes. We also had several (probably 20) high risk ultrasounds done. They did get old after a while, but nothing beat knowing that I got to check in on my little ones and having the reassurance that everything was okay. Hope that all goes well for you and your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the baby! You are going to love every minute of it and being a mother! I know I do. We had a high risk ultrasound done and the problem that was thought to have existed had corrected itself, so we just got another look at our healthy baby! They are usually nice enough to flip the switch to the 4-D and give you some cool pictures that don't cost $300.

    ReplyDelete