Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hearts


Today was another appointment to hear our little Collins's heart beat! 155 beats a minute... INCREDIBLE! Especially considering that my heartbeat is probably somewhere around 70-80 beats a minute... Her little heart is beating twice as fast as mine! Her little body is just working so hard to grow! She is almost 6 inches long at this point! Little mini baby! :) I should be feeling her move around more soon... I feel little flutters now and then, but can't really distinct them as "baby movement" so I am excited when I will really be able to feel it even better! I have only gained 1 pound now! Man, slow down Lindsey!

Ephesians 3:16-19
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Hearing my little girl's heartbeat is one of the most amazing sounds I have ever heard. But as much I pray for her physical heart to keep growing strong, I HAVE to remember to pray for her spiritual heart. I pray that she comes to know Jesus and follow in His footstepts, daily. That way, her spiritual heart will WAY out beat that physical heart that will one day (hopefully a VERY long time away) fail to beat any longer.

A small tangent... Recently, the creation of life by God has consumed my thoughts. I got to see all the detailed views of Collins's little body before most do... and everything was so distinct... all her parts were already formed (they are formed at 12 weeks) and just grow from there on. But another thought crossed my mind-- abortion is still legal! You can totally see this little baby, it's fingers, toes, legs, brain, spine... EVERYTHING and yet, the world says that it is still okay to kill this precious life... Gosh, it just breaks my heart! And what is even more crazy to me is that according to the law, if you were to kill me at this point, you would be charged with a double murder... the taking of 2 lives. How does our law have two laws that so completely contradict each other?!

My prayer this week for my little girl is that her heart will grow physically and spiritually. Pray with me for her! And for all of us-- I know that we can all relate to this... How is your spiritual heart looking, as well as your physical heart?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lindsey, I was reading about your thoughts on creation and I had those thoughts as well when I was pregnant with Levi. I have also felt the weight of abortion heavy upon my heart. Actually, Little Rock is joining a movement of prayer in front of abortion clinics on the 22nd. It's 40 Days for Life and we are going to pray in front of the clinic here in Little Rock, it's actually the last abortion clinic in Arkansas. It's crazy how messed up the system is, I think having a child of my own has made me so much more aware of it though.

    ReplyDelete