Monday, September 27, 2010

Honey Do Projects!

In order to save money on the baby room, I have put my husband to work! He keeps saying to me... "More projects?! My life is OVER!" (maybe in those words... maybe not) in some dramatic fashion! He longs to go play golf instead of work on projects-- so this evening, I have give him a break and he is playing golf!

I though I would give you a sneak peak into some of the projects...

A door- Bought at a Habitat for Humanity Restore for $25.00. Stripped, glass knocked out, repainted.... and yet to have another coat of paint on each side, be antiqued and stained!


Dresser- This was the dresser in our room. Good solid oak. Stripped (the nasty goo stuff to get all the lacquer off), sanded, twice painted. Next step, antiqued and stained!


Changing station- I was so excited when my dad told me that the dresser we had was the one that we (being Landon and I) had when we were little... and that it had a changing station to go on top of it! Woohoo!! It had to go through the same process as above.


Bedding- Grandma is busy sewing! So glad I have such a handy grandma!


Curtains- Thanks to a sale at Cynthia East, I was able to buy these... now just for a little altering... :) Gotta add a little SPICE!


Honey Do List (not started yet): Refinish, stain, paint pallets... (like wood shipping pallets)... Let your imagination roll. Find a little bookshelf or something (I want it to be CHEAP and hold baskets)... it too will probably need to be refinished. Painting the room. The paint is bought (thanks to 40% off at Sherwin Williams)... stripes on one wall. Baseboards-- bought and antiqued... another project that I am leaving to your imagination! (Gosh, I can't reveal EVERYTHING until it is all complete!

Hope you had a fun little sneak peak... :) More pictures to come as Collins's room is finished!!

1 comment:

  1. if you're still lookingfor more stuff(shelves, clothes, books, baskets, etc) check out craigs list...they usually have some great stuff thats pretty cheap. we found a glider on craigslist and just painted it and it looked like new :)
    Brittany Stephenson

    ReplyDelete