Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Progress

Well, I have been meaning to update you again for awhile now, but man, life just doesn't slow down, does it?!

We had our final (hopefully) high-risk ultrasound last week!! Collins is measuring a whopping 6lbs 14ozs! Add a month of weight to that and we are DEFINITELY looking at a 9lb baby! AH!  I am praying that we have her in the next couple of weeks so that we are closer to 8lbs instead!!  He also said, once again, that she has a ton of hair-- good for all her cute little (or big) bows! :)  Oh man... I just can't even contain my excitement to see this precious little life that has been growing inside of me for almost 9 months!

I now go and see by OBGYN two times a week-- they put me on a monitor and watch little Collins to make sure she is still doing well!  There is higher risk in the last month for diabetics, so they do this just for safety-- which is totally fine by me!  Today, she was a little sleepy to begin with, but they had me drink some water and she perked right up!  I also had SEVERAL contractions in the 30 minutes... they said they need to be a little closer for full-blown labor, but this is a good sign!  I am 1cm dilated and about 50% effaced! WOOHOO!! I know it could still be 3 weeks before we have her, but I am just glad that we are moving in the right direction!  If I keep contracting though, it could be any day!

I also had my last baby shower!! My friends did such an awesome job hosting it-- the decor and everything was so sweet and the food was FABULOUS!  Thanks to them for all their hard work!!!  It was so fun to celebrate with everyone!  And we have received most everything we needed!! Damon and I feel so blessed by all our friends and family who so graciously have given so much to us!  She is already one spoiled little girl and we are most definitely a spoiled couple!!! :)

Well, I will keep you posted as the big day approaches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment