Sunday, January 16, 2011

Nesting

I guess you could say that I have entered the "nesting" phase.  We have 5 weeks MAX left before baby girl makes her appearance and I am starting to realize all the stuff that needs to be done around the house.  I wish this phase would have hit a little bit earlier-- as I can only do a little and then stop to rest and then do a little more... Oh well!!

This weekend, we have been exceptionally productive!  I know that I brag on my husband a lot, but I just can't help it!!  He laid flooring in the attic so that we could put storage up there!!  It was no easy task and yet, he did it willingly and without complaining!  And then after the flooring was done, he hauled a bunch of boxes up there-- as well as the Christmas garland! (He hung hooks up so that I don't have to put it together every year!!)  I got ALL of our laundry finished... I don't think it had been fully done since Christmas... DON'T JUDGE!  I also washed most of Collins's clothes so they are ready to be worn!

We were also able to completely finish Collins's room!  Below is a final picture!  I can't believe how much I LOVE it!

The room with lamp, swing, and rug.


Side table and lamp!



Today, we had a baby shower thrown for us by our Surf Shack team!  This is where we serve on Sunday mornings and we couldn't have felt more blessed!  I think one of my favorite parts was all the encouragement we received!  Everyone wrote us notes to go in a little jar with Bible verses, quotes, notes... and then we were prayed over-- such a sweet time!  Don't get me wrong, the gifts were great and we got a lot of stuff we needed, but there is nothing more valuable in becoming a new parent than hearing their encouraging words!  So thank you!

Next week, I start going to the doctor twice a week... I don't really like this idea.  I don't like the doctor so this whole visit doctors 3 of 4 weeks a month was hard enough-- much less, going two times in a week.  I know that this is not "normal", but it is for a diabetic.  Both appointments involve being hooked up to monitors for 20 minutes and watching Collins to make sure she is doing well!  Hopefully, we won't have to do this for 5 weeks... I would like to have her in the next 3 weeks... that would be GREAT!! :)

What does next week hold?  1) Going to the store and picking up the essentials needed for the hospital  2) Packing our bags  3) Hanging curtains downstairs  4) Clean the house and last, but not least my very last baby shower! I can't wait for Saturday to get to celebrate with friends!  WOO-HOO!! :)  And last, I will leave you a picture with me at 35 weeks!


P.S.- This picture was taken at like 10:00 at night... so it isn't the best of me, but you get the picture! :)

1 comment:

  1. You look great! I love keeping up with you through the blog and will be thinking about you these next few weeks. Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete