Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Patience with Little Progress

If patience is a virtue, then I am having a really hard time being virtuous!  I am getting soo impatient for this little bundle of joy to come into my life!!!  I am so ready to eat without feeling like I am going to throw up from heartburn...so ready to not have cankles and wear whatever shoes I want to (I am down to about 2 pairs that I can fit into comfortably)... and so ready to just hold Collins in my arms!  I am just tired of waiting!

With that said, I know that God has the perfect time for her to arrive!  Down to the exact minute and I am learning to trust more and more in that timing! (Even though it doesn't exactly line up with mine!)  I think it is so funnny that I would have to stop contractions twice and have to stop them and then when I am ready for them, she decides that she is totally content to just sit on right side, high up there, and kick on my ribs for fun!  At least she has moved down some so I am not in as much pain as I was!!!!

I was at the doctor this last week-- and there has been no change... still 1cm and 50% effaced.  I will get checked again on Thursday (weather permitting) and hopefully there will be some more progress!! Please pray with me!

Damon is just convinced that with all this weather coming in (Little Rock is projected to get at least 6 inches of snow starting tomorrow morning) that I will go into labor when we can't get to the hospital and I will end up giving birth on the side of the road!  Now as funny as that is to think about... I REALLY don't like this idea at all!! So, I am not going to pray to not go into labor (that would be really silly), but pray that if I do, I can get to the hospital EASILY!! :) Hehe!

A couple of books that have been recommended and that I am hoping to start reading are: Grace Based Parenting and Baby Wise.  I think that we will be reading Baby Wise first-- as I would LOVE to have little Collins sleep through the night as soon as possible and I have heard that this book has some practical how to's on accomplishing that-- and MANY other things!

Oh, and Damon got me a new iPhone! Woohoo!! I have been waiting for Verizon to get one FOREVER!  So now I feel like I am truly ready and armed to have a baby... I mean, every good mom needs an iPhone, right?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment