Friday, December 10, 2010

Nursery!

Well, here is the BIG reveal of the nursery! It is pretty much finished... with the exception of a side table, lamp, and rug!

Before I start posting the pictures... I must take a minute to brag on my hubby and dad. Damon did a great job painting the walls!! And he had to listen to me as I ran a million ideas by him in trying to decide what to do! Damon also painted the dresser the white color (the crib was already that color, thank goodness)! And my precious dad took a lot of time distressing the crib and dresser (and letters) and staining them for the antiqued look! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how it turned out and know that it is so special to have these items MADE by people I love! I am thanking God that I have such wonderful men in my life to help assist with all my crazy projects!! :)  If you don't have any wonderful men like these, I would gladly loan you mine, at times, to help out!  They really are the best! :)

Speaking of made, my sweet grandma made baby bedding-- but not the one you see. Unfortunately, when we got it home, it didn't fit! :( I fell on the ground and started bawling (mind you, we had just driven in 12 hours from MN and after being in the hospital, it was the one thing I couldn't wait to do!!). I could have fixed it and made it work, but on top of it not fitting right, I decided I just didn't like the fabrics all together enough to invest more money in it... I know, shocker... I picked out something I didn't like the first time around! Now if any of you family members who read this say anything about this bedding situation to Grandma, consider yourself dead! I am still trying to figure out when, how and if to break the news to her!  So thanks to my sweet mom, my sister, and selling some clothes from our closet, we were able to but the new bedding you see!!

Without further ado, here is our baby wonderland! :)

First up, a close up of the furniture my dad and hubby worked on.  I love the little details that my dad added to make it extra special!  See the GLC-- well, that stands for "Grandpa Loves Collins"-- such a sweet touch that about makes me cry!!!


View of the crib as you walk in the nursery...


Do you LOVE the bedding as much as I do?! :)  I wanted something that just went with my house-- not a room you walked into that felt like a totally different place!!!

Close up of the wreaths I did as the focal point in the room... so easy! (AND VERY INEXPENSIVE)  The whole project was less that $20 and I had my dad paint the letters to make the furniture!  I LOVE the way they turned out!


Corner of the room with the tree! I have now added a couple red birds to the tree as well, which bring in the red ribbon!  Keep with the "woodsie" theme!


The windows and chair!  I already had the frame, which went PERFECTLY!  And the lanterns are one of my favorite parts of the nursery! :)  (Though they were not as easy to hang as I thought they would be... probably because I am a sick perfectionist!)


Close up of the chair... Damon insisted that we get a really comfortable one... and I am so glad that he did!  I already LOVE sitting in it and can't wait until I am going to sit there with my little girl!


Now, a brown round rug in the middle of the room, a side table complete with lamp and picture frame, probably a standing lamp in the corner, maybe a couple frames for the walls... and a flat screen tv across from the chair so I can watch it while feeding!! :)  I know, I know... so not necessary, but heck, why not spoil myself, right?! :)

So for all of you who have been asking... there you have it! Hope you LOVE it!!  I think that I could do this forever... think through ideas, design rooms... AHH... Heaven!

Here is the most recent belly shot... 29 weeks! Had another appointment this week... gaid 1/2 a pound over the last 3 weeks, which the doc said was perfect and that my weight and belly size are EXACTLY where they need to be! :)  Collins keeps moving and growing just like she should as well!! 


2 comments:

  1. Oh m g. you actually have a belly. i like the lanterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! Beautiful job on the nursery! :) Haha.. the lantern comment reminded me of myself. I have two of those hanging in my "project room." (My Interior Design projects & supplies during school have required the entire 2nd bedroom of our apartment.. sometimes the whole apartment! Someday maybe IT will be the nursery!) But hanging those lamps, oh my WORD! I tried everything and got so mad, the little hooks kept falling out of the ceiling and the cords wouldn't hide just right.. ahhh what a project. Being a perfectionist is frustrating sometimes, but it pays off when the lamps stay in the ceiling and the room shapes up PERFECTLY, right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete