Wednesday, October 24, 2012

10,000 Reasons

It has been almost a month since I have let you into my world... Not intentionally.  I honestly haven't had time to sit down and just write out my thoughts... which, honestly, have been pretty convoluted these days.

As the days go on after losing Grayson, I am starting to realize how different my life is looking.  He was due on October 7th.  Appropriate in so many ways because we have a lot of 7's in our family.  My birthday is December 7, our anniversary is January 7, Collins original due date was February 7 (it was moved back) and Damon proposed to me on May 7. On that day, we went out to see him for the first time.  We went out and sat by his little grave site and just smiled talking about the memories we have of him.  I didn't cry.  I cried earlier that day, but I was at peace when we went to visit him.  We brought him some beautiful blue hydrangeas.  Don't ask me why, but for some reason, I was very insistent that we had blue hydrangeas at his memorial service.  There has never been anything significant about those flowers to me, but I wanted them and wouldn't settle for anything else.  So now, they have a VERY special meaning. And I love that they grow in people's yards and I get glimpses of my little boy everywhere!

After visiting him, we dreamed about future babies and our life.  In no way will Grayson ever be replaced, but we so want to have more little babies.  You should see the joy that spreads across Damon's face when we talk about more babies.  He seriously is the best daddy!  We also decided that we wanted to celebrate the little life and joy we have in Collins.  So we decided to celebrate!  We went to the Pumpkin Patch!  She loved it last year and she loved it even more this year.  It was a sweet time with my family... just remembering Grayson and celebrating his life, Collins' life and more lives to come.  Our God is really soo good to us.

As I was reflecting on all of these thoughts this morning, I started to cry.  Both tears of joy and tears of sadness.  There is a huge part of me that just doesn't think this is fair. I should have a two week old demanding my attention right now.  How I long to hear those little cries.  And the tears of joy come from knowing exactly what Christ did for me.  Because of that, I don't have to hide my tears of sadness and frustration.  He has already counted all of them.

Music has played a huge role in my life lately.  Play the song 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman and I will cry EVERY time.  This is the song that was playing the Sunday morning at church after losing Grayson and I sang it with all my heart.

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

Bless the Lord O my soul,
O my soul.
Worship His holy name.
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name.

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

Bless the Lord O my soul,
O my soul.
Worship His holy name.
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name.


This is my prayer as we continue to move forward with our lives "Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes... For all His goodness, I will keep on singing, TEN THOUSAND reasons for my heart to find!".

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for writing, Lindsey!!! No kidding...I was thinking about blogging about that exact same song just yesterday. What powerful, powerful lyrics!!!

    Thanks for sharing your heart and your journey... I think of 2 Corinthians 1:6-7 from the perspective of all the people that you are going to help (probably without ever knowing it just by sharing your story)-- "So when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your benefit and salvation! For when God comforts us, it is so that we, in turn, can be an encouragement to you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident as you share in suffering, you will also share God's comfort."

    I'm sure you are helping sooooo many people (myself included!!!!) simply by being authentic, transparent, and real as you share your grief and pain, but also Christ's victory in your life.

    So blessed and encouraged by you!! Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete