Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween and Nursery

As I write tonight, I am filled with excitement because work has begun on Collins's nursery!! I am watching while my husband paints away-- a bright sunshine yellow! (It will have stripes, but you will have to wait to see those!) I think that I have been waiting for this day almost as long as I have been waiting to have kids... I LOVE to decorate and dream and see my ideas come to life! And to top it off, I hit 24 weeks last Saturday (I am 25 weeks now)! That means, only about 15 more before we get to meet our baby girl! Below you can see the growing belly! Not a great picture of me... Sorry, I have been sick and you can read it all over my face!!


I had another appointment and again have great news that everything is going just as it should! I feel beyond blessed to be as healthy as I have been and that this baby is growing just as she should! I choose to continue to trust God with Collins and know that He already has a HUGE plan for her life!

Oh, and just in case I haven't said, we FINALLY decided on the middle name.... da-dada-dah! COLLINS REESE WOODWARD! We LOVE it! Well, I do... Damon took a little convincing! :) He hated it at first, so I talked him into it by telling him that he would never want me to use it as a first name, so the least he could do was let me have it as a middle name! Now, it is definitely growing on him and he really is growing to like it! (or so he tells me so!)

Below are some pictures of the "projects" going on around the house. My brother moved out, so the first step was moving everything out of the room upstairs to the guest room downstairs. Below is the result-- and I have to say, I think I like the set-up even better than I did up here!



Next, the room is empty (except for the baby stuff in the middle of the room) and I (yes, I) spackled and filled holes to prep for paint... my hubby did the taping.

My handsome hubby and the paint color! Mind you, there is a bright light shinning on it so it is definitely brighter than it really looks!


We will definitely post more pictures as the work is completed... although, maybe I will make you wait now until it is all DONE!! hehe! Would I be so cruel?!

Halloween was WAY fun around here! We went to a party and won BEST COSTUME! :) Hehe! Hope you enjoy the laugh as much as we did!! Pretty sure I was crying I was laughing so hard at Damon!


And last, but not least... please look at this picture of my dad... Is it not the funniest thing you have EVER seen?! :) I love my dad! HILARIOUS!


2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahaha....I am frightened. He reminds me a little of Mikey Garlinghouse's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need that hair for my nurse Crabby resurrection. (-:

    ReplyDelete