Tuesday, May 17, 2011

L.A. and the Following Weeks

Well, hello again!  Man oh man!  I know, I know.  I am a part-time stay at home mom and STILL can't manage to update nearly as much as I would like! I will strive to get better, but no promises!

Back when Collins was 6 weeks old (already 6 weeks ago), Damon and I braved it and took Collins on a flight to visit her Great Grandpa for his 90th Birthday! He had NO idea that we were coming and it was must precious when we showed up!  He just kept saying, "Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness! What a surprise!!"  Mind you, Papa is a sweet Spanish man and has a little bit of an accent-- so it is the BEST! :)  It was so special that Papa got to meet his great granddaughter!! Not too many people to get to experience that with a 90 year old!! :)  (And he looks GREAT, don't you think?!)

Damon's mom and sister also came, so she was able to meet her grandma Teri and Auntie Erin! It was so fun to see them meet Collins! I so long for a day when we can just pick up and go and visit-- and not think twice about the money that it will cost to get there.  Not sure that those days will ever come, but maybe we will be able to better save so that we can do it more often!

She was also able to meet the extended family-- aunts and uncles on both Damon's mom and dad's sides!  It was so great!!!

The plane rides went really well!  I mean, she just slept for the most part.  She was very happy and everyone LOVED her!


After that week, we were literally home for 1 full day and then Damon's dad and step mom and sisters came to Little Rock!  They were so excited to meet Collins for the first time! Needless to say, there was no lack of Collins being loved on!!  I don't think she was set down too often!  And I was so glad to have the additional help!! :)  We just wish that his whole family would move closer so that we could see them more often!  We are in constant prayer that someday those paths will cross again and we may live in the same state.

These couple weeks there were lots of firsts for Collins!

First Plane Ride

First In and Out Burger

First Chipotle experience

First Holds by Grandparents and Aunties

First Park Experience
(sorry, just a picture of dad and grandpa here)


 First Horse Races


And I am sure there are many, many more!  Ok, well, that is a large post... I just needed to tell you all about those events... I promise, I am going to get MUCH better at posting regularly... so you can see a little more into my life as a mom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment