Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Busy Busy

I keep thinking that at some point in time, my life will slow down... but I don't know that it ever will... because I have a problem with saying NO! I have not been home for 3 weekends in a row now... They were all fun reasons, but also a lot of work! GOSH! Weekend #1, WinterChill! Great time with my small group (this is the 4th year that I have gone with them) and I am looking forward to the next 3, but man, it is tiring! Weekend #2, Family Weekend at JBU with Jordan. So fun to see her and her friends and see her life there! We also got to spend some time with our sweet friends, the Kleppes. I cherish times with friends that you don't get to see very often! Weekend #3, Women's Retreat. This I was on the committee for-- doing decorations and gift bags along with 2 sweet friends, Courtney and Sarah! It was so great, but way more work than I think any of us thought it would be. It made it really hard to concentrate on the talks and what God was trying to teach me... and even harder to just RELAX! Oh well, I know I was right where I wanted to be and right where God wanted me. While I was away, the guys living in our house moved out. As much as we loved having them around, it was definitely time. We are looking forward to really experiencing our house by ourselves... especially before we start a family. It will be soo good to just be Damon and I for awhile-- it has been 7 months since we have had a place to ourselves.

Now, I have to start getting ready for Damon's family. They whole fam is coming down to visit April 2nd... and we now have 2 empty bedrooms to fill! I love decorating, so it will be fun... just more work and business!!

And to add to that, I am making some Wedding Programs (I will post pictures when finished) for a March 13th wedding!! This is really a true passion of mine, so I couldn't say no! And it is for one of the sweetest girls you will ever meet! :)

Through all this, I think the one verse that has stuck with me is from Romans 12:2 "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing your mind so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect". I HAVE to renew my mind to prove what the will of God is... I can't just sit and let it become mush... I have to continue to dive into His Word and see what He is telling me. Someone said it this way, our actions directly reflect God's word in our lives... Interesting enough, this was a verse from both WinterChill and the Women's Retreat... I think God might be trying to tell me something! :) AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment